If Payments is enabled, then by default, Roger will automatically pay your bills according to their specified due dates once they've been approved. You can easily modify this, however, if you prefer to pay certain bills manually.
Note: If autopay is disabled for a bill, it can only be paid by clicking the Pay Now button on that individual bill. This is what we mean when we say "pay manually."
1. Enable or disable autopay for a specific payment source
Navigate to Settings> Advanced> Payments, and under the Autopay section, you can select whether bills scheduled for payment with a bank account or payment card (coming soon) should be paid automatically. If checked, autopay will be enabled. If unchecked, you'll need to pay those bills manually.
2. Disable autopay for specific scenarios with workflows
With workflow rules, you can define an unlimited number of scenarios where autopay should be automatically turned off. Simply create one or more rules with an action to disable autopay whenever a bill matches certain criteria.
- From the Workflows page, click the Create New Rule button on the right side of the screen.
- Under "Triggers," define the criteria for the bills you want to activate the rule (i.e. bills from a specific vendor, or over a certain total amount).
- Under "Actions," select the action "Disable automatic payment" from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save and Activate Rule.
Now, any bill that activates this rule will not be automatically paid, and will need to be paid manually.
- Note: any workflow rule that disables autopay will not impact the autopay settings described in the first point. The workflow rule will only disable autopay on bills for which autopay is enabled, and that contain the criteria defined in the rule.