We've teamed up with Sage Intacct to create an integration that lets our customers sync the vital accounting activities happening in Roger with this sophisticated accounting software, keeping all their financial data in one place.
What does the Sage Intacct integration do?
Roger's integration with Sage Intacct automatically syncs expenses from Roger to Sage Intacct, including vendor invoices and payments:
- When an invoice is submitted to your Roger account, the integration automatically post an AP bill entry in your Sage Intacct account with status Posted. If the vendor isn't already in your vendor list in Sage Intacct, Roger will automatically create it for you.
- When the expense is paid via Roger, the integration automatically updates the AP bill in your Sage Intacct account to Paid.
What data can I sync between Roger and Sage Intacct?
Here's how data flows between Roger and Sage Intacct:
How do I set up the Sage Intacct integration?
1. First, make sure you're logged into Roger. Once you're logged in, go to Integrations in the left side menu. This takes you to an overview of Roger's integrations. Here, click Learn more on the Sage Intacct integration to continue.
2. This takes you to the integration landing page. To start connecting Roger with Sage Intacct, click the Connect button below the Sage Intacct logo.
3. Now, another window opens. Here you will see a list of the permissions that you need to give Sage Intacct in order to access your data in Roger. Click Allow at the bottom to continue.
4. You will now see any existing Sage Intacct integrations on companies you are part of. Click Connect to start the integration setup.
5. First, enter your credentials for Sage Intacct to log into your Sage Intacct account. Click Next to continue.
6. Next, use the dropdown menu to select to which journal in Sage Intacct you want Roger to post entries. Click Next to continue.
7. Now, select which accounts you want to import to Roger (in Roger, accounts are referred to as 'categories'). Also, make sure to select a default expense account and a default payment account that will be applied to documents in Roger when no other category and payment account has been selected. Click Next to continue.
8. Then, select a default payment source that will be applied to documents in Roger when no other payment source has been selected. Click Next to continue.
9. Now, select a default location that will be applied to documents in Roger when no other location has been selected. Click Next to continue.
10. Then, select if you want Roger to add purchases to your inventory in Sage Intacct. Click Next to continue.
11. (ONLY RELEVANT FOR UK USERS) Lastly, select if you want to import tax codes from Sage Intacct. These will be created as a list in your Roger account. On individual documents in Roger, you can select which tax code to use.
12. Click Finish to complete the integration setup. You will see the following screen while Roger configures the remaining parts of the integration:
When that's done, you will see this screen that confirms the connection between Roger and Sage Intacct:
You will be sent back to the initial Sage Intacct integration page that confirms that your Sage Intacct integration has been set up (notice that the Connect button has now changed to Connected).
Sage Intacct FAQ:
How do I disconnect from Sage Intacct?
- Go to the Sage Intacct integration page and click the Connected button just below the Sage Intacct logo. This opens a window where you simply have to click Disconnect to disconnect Roger from your Sage Intacct account. You can also edit the existing integration by clicking Modify.
What doesn’t the integration do (yet)?
- Roger doesn't sync back the list of invoices you have in Sage Intacct. But rest assured, we are working on it!
When and how does data sync occur?
- When you approve an expense in Roger you'll see a matching invoice entry in Sage Intacct.
- When you select a category for a document in Roger, the account of the corresponding entry in Sage Intacct will be updated accordingly.
- When you pay a bill in Roger you'll see the payment info reflected in Sage Intacct.