Slack's goal is to bring all your tools and communication into one place - and now that includes the ability to view and approve expenses in Roger. We've teamed up so you can automatically be notified about bills requiring approval and can approve (or decline) them right there where you're already communicating - no clicking between apps.
Things to keep in mind before setting up the Slack integration!
- Unlike some other integrations in Roger, the Slack integration works at the coworker-level. So each coworker who wants to receive Roger notifications in their individual Slack account will have to set up this integration.
- Each coworker setting up this integration must ensure that they have set up a display name for themselves in Slack. This is necessary for the integration to function.
Here's how to set it up:
1. Navigate to Settings > Integrations in the left sidebar.
2. Find the Slack box and click Learn More.
3. Click Connect, and you'll be redirected to a page listing permissions.
4. Click Allow to grant Slack access to your Roger data.
5. Click Add Integration.
6. Select the team you'd like the integration to apply to.
7. Now you'll be redirected to Slack, and will be prompted to give Roger access to your company's Slack account. Click Allow.
8. The last window in your integration process will confirm that your integration is active, and give the option to delete it. You can repeat this process for as many Roger teams / Slack accounts that you're part of.
Now you're all set to start receiving Roger notifications in Slack!
In your Slack app, Roger will appear as a conversation in your "Recent Apps" section (you can always Star it to bring it higher in your sidebar!). Here is where you can:
- Receive notifications about bills to approve
- Approve / deny bills right there in Slack
- Search for and view unpaid bills