What does Roger's integration for Xero do?
Roger's integration with Xero automatically syncs your bills, receipts, and credit notes from Roger to Xero, including vendor invoices and payments:
- When an invoice is submitted to your Roger account, the integration automatically creates a vendor invoice entry in your Xero account under that vendor. If the vendor is not already in your Xero contact list, Roger will automatically create it for you.
- When the invoice is paid via Roger, the integration automatically creates a vendor payment entry in your Xero account under that vendor.
What data can I sync between Roger and Xero?
How do I set up the Xero integration?
1. First, make sure you're logged into Roger. Once you're logged in, click on Integrations in the left side menu.
2. You will then be taken to an overview of Roger's integrations. Here, click on the Xero integration to continue.
3. This takes you to the integration landing page. To start connecting Roger with Xero, click the Connect button in the upper right corner.
4. Now you will see a list of the permissions that you need to give Xero in order to access your data in Roger. Click Yes, allow at the bottom to continue.
Click the New integration button to start the integration setup.
You will first be redirected to Xero where you will be prompted to enter your Xero credentials.
Then allow Roger to access your company data in Xero.
Now you're back in the integration setup in Roger where you must select for which company account in Roger the integration applies.
Next, select the default account that will be applied to expenses in Roger when no other account has been selected.
Make sure that your whole chart of accounts is imported from Xero to Roger by clicking the slider button next to Import categories (in Roger, accounts are referred to as 'categories').
Click Finish to complete the integration setup.
You will then be sent back to a page where you can view the Xero integration that you just created. This page confirms that your Xero integration has been set up and that you are ready to start submitting expenses to Roger. Feel free to close this window now and go back to your Roger dashboard.
How do I disconnect from Xero?
- Click on the integrations menu item and you will be able to see the list of integrations you are connected to, as well as the option to disconnect them.
What doesn't your integration do (yet)?
- Roger does not sync back the list of invoices you have in Xero. But rest assured, we are working on it!
When and how does data sync occur?
- When you add an expense in Roger you will see a matching invoice entry in Xero.
- When you pay a bill in Roger you will see the payment info reflected in Xero.