Note: The integration log is only available if you use one or more of Roger's accounting system integrations.
Roger's integrations let you automatically synchronize Roger's activities with your accounting software. If you're taking advantage of this feature, you can easily get an overview of all events and activities associated with the integration.
Among other benefits, the Integration log can:
- ...give you visibility into what data Roger has sent to your accounting system.
- ...help you troubleshoot any data synchronization errors Roger has encountered.
- ...let you manually synchronize data between Roger and your accounting system, if you wish to do so.
Where do I find the integration log?
You can find the integration log for an individual document under the Integrations tab in the document overview:
When you click the Integrations tab, you can choose from the dropdown menu which integration you'd like view the log for:
Once you have clicked on the desired integration, the integration log appears:
What can I use the integration log for?
The integration log for a document can be used for two main purposes:
1. You can get an overview of all successful and failed attempts to synchronize data between Roger and your accounting system.
The integration continuously attempts to synchronize data between Roger and your accounting system. These occur both in connection with "major" events (the document has been added, the bill has been paid, etc.) and "minor" events (the bill's due date has been changed, the category of the document has been changed, etc.). In any of these cases, the corresponding entry in your accounting system is updated correctly. The integration log shows both automatic and manual attempts for synchronization (for the latter, see the next section).
If a synchronization attempt fails, an error message will also appear in the integration log that can help you and Roger's support fix the error.
- Integration errors can be caused by several things: temporary server errors, integration setup errors, changes in the accounting system, unsupported subscription plan, and so on. You can always contact us at email@example.com if you're faced with an integration error you couldn't fix, and we'll jump right on it.
2. You can manually synchronize the document to your accounting system
By clicking the Re-sync Integration button, you can manually synchronize your document's data to your accounting system:
After you click on the Re-sync Integration button, a new window appears where you have to choose which entry in the accounting system you want to synchronize: the invoice entry (also called the vendor invoice) or the payment record (also called the vendor payment). Select the desired entry and click the Sync button again.
- Of course, it is only possible to synchronize to the payment record if a payment has actually been made for the bill. If no payment has been recorded for the bill in Roger, then the Vendor Payment option will not be visible.
When a coworker performs a manual sync for a document, two things can happen:
- If the entry is already in the accounting system, it will be updated to match the details of the document in Roger at the time of the synchronization.
- If the entry is not in the accounting system, a new entry will be created that matches the details of the document in Roger at the time of the synchronization.
Once you have performed a manual sync for a document, this will also appear in the integration log.