We've partnered up with QuickBooks, a premier accounting software, to offer customers an easy way to sync their Roger tasks with the rest of their financial records.
What does the QuickBooks integration do?
Roger's integration for QuickBooks automatically syncs expenses from Roger to QuickBooks, including vendor invoices and payments:
- When an invoice is submitted to your Roger account, the integration automatically creates a vendor expense entry in your QuickBooks account under that vendor. If the vendor isn't already in your vendor list in QuickBooks, Roger will automatically create it for you.
- When the expense is paid via Roger, the integration automatically creates a vendor payment entry in your QuickBooks account under that vendor.
What data can I sync between Roger and QuickBooks?
Here's how data flows between Roger and QuickBooks:
How do I set up the QuickBooks integration?
- First, make sure you're logged into Roger. Once you're logged in, click on Integrations on the left side menu.
- You will then be taken to an overview of Roger's integrations. Here, click on See more under the the QuickBooks integration to continue.
- To start connecting Roger with QuickBooks, click the Connect button.
- You will see a list of the permissions that you need to give QuickBooks for accessing your data in Roger. Click Yes, allow at the bottom to continue.
5. Click the New integration button to start the integration setup.
6. You will first be redirected to QuickBooks where you will be prompted to enter your QuickBooks credentials. Then allow Roger to access your company data in QuickBooks.
7. Now you're back in the integration setup in Roger where you must select for which company account in Roger the integration applies.
8. Next, select the default account that will be applied to expenses in Roger when no other account has been selected. Make sure that your whole chart of accounts is imported from QuickBooks to Roger by clicking the slider button next to Import categories (in Roger, accounts are referred to as 'categories').
9. Next, select a default payment account.
Click Finish to complete the integration setup.
You will then be sent back to your Roger account.
How do I disconnect from QuickBooks?
- Click on the Integrations page, and click on the QuickBooks box, where it will show Connected status. Click on the Connected button, and you'll be able to view the existed integration that's been set up between Roger and QuickBooks. Click remove to disconnect the integration.
- Roger doesn't sync back the list of invoices you have in QuickBooks. But rest assured, we are working on it!
When and how does data sync occur?
- When you approve an expense in Roger you'll see a matching invoice entry in QuickBooks.
- When you pay a bill in Roger you'll see the payment info reflected in QuickBooks.