In Roger you can easily change an unpaid bill's status to "Paid". This will move the bill to the Paid tab on your dashboard, however no payment will be made for the bill through Roger.
Marking a bill as paid is useful for bills that have been paid elsewhere before being submitted to Roger, and/or if you want the bill and its payment to be synced to your accounting platform.
- Important Note: If you mark a bill that is in the 'Initialized' status as paid, the payment that has already been initialized will not be stopped. The bill's status will still change to 'Paid' and it will be moved to the Paid tab, but if the payment has already been set in motion, it may still go through.
Follow the steps below to mark an unpaid bill as paid:
- Locate the unpaid bill that you wish to mark as paid in your dashboard.
2. Click the Mark as paid button (not to be confused with the Pay now button).
3. Choose whether you want data to be synced to any integrations connected to Roger. Checking this box will automatically create a payment entry with your integration, for the due date that was originally analyzed from the bill. If you don't check the box, it will still change to "Paid" status, but no payment entry will be created in your accounting software.
4. Lastly, click the Mark as paid button.
5. The bill can now be found under the Paid tab, and no payment of the bill will be initialized.