We've made it easy to link your bank account, so you can do so without ever leaving Roger's web app. All you need are the login credentials for your online banking account. For Partners looking to link a bank account manually, see the bottom section of this article.
- Before you're able to add a payment source, you'll need to complete your ID verification under Settings > Verifications.
- Our authentication partner, Plaid.com, enables us to securely link to your bank without the need to ever share your credentials with us
Instant Bank Account Verification
Here's how to instantly verify your bank account using your online banking login credentials:
1. From the Roger web app, go to Settings > Payment Sources and click Add Payment Source on the top right side of the screen.
2. A pop-up notifying you our partnership with Plaid will appear. Click Continue.
3. Select your bank account from the list, or use the search bar if you can't find it and click Continue.
3. Select the bank account name and enter your online banking login credentials.
4. When you enter the information, click Submit.
That's it! Now you're connected. You can edit, remove or add payment sources from the Settings > Payment sources page at any time:
Manual Bank Verification (Partners Only)
For partners (i.e. accounting firms, bookkeepers) setting up Roger for clients, we understand you may not always have access to online banking login credentials. That's why we offer the option to add a client's bank account to Roger by verifying the bank account manually.
This process requires you to verify micro-deposit amounts to complete bank account setup. It takes a few extra days, but is just as secure as instant verification. Here's how it works:
1. On your Roger web app, go to Settings > Payment Sources and click the Add Payment Sources button on the right side of the screen.
2. Type your bank’s name in the search box, then scroll down and click the Link with account numbers button.
3. Enter the bank account's routing and account numbers and click Continue.
6. Next, you'll be notified that you'll receive two micro-deposits in your bank account that range between $0.01-$0.99. This will take 1-2 business days.
7. Once you or your client receives the deposits, go to back to Settings > Payment Sources and click the Verify button located to the right of your bank account.
8. Enter the two micro-deposit amounts and click Continue.
That's it! Once you've verified this bank account, you can start automatically (or manually) paying your bills on their due dates, right through Roger. You can edit, add, or remove bank accounts via Settings > Payment Sources at any time.
Learn how you can pay a bill before its due date here.